West End Boy remains in good form at home, and we're keen to get him out again in the next week or so, as he’s ready to have his second run, and I’m keen to crack on with him as he came out of Sandown so well.
The problem, and I can’t believe I’m saying this in early March is the lack of rain, which means the going is much quicker at a lot of courses than it usually would be at this time of year. It's no one’s fault, the clerks of the courses are doing everything they can in the circumstances, but until we get some significant rainfall, we, like all trainers, have to be patient.
West End Boy is a lovely young horse, I like him a lot and it’s all about the future for him, so I won’t be rushing to run on him on quick ground.
I was looking at Newbury this week, but with a going description of good, good to firm in places, we’ve decided to leave it as the last thing we want to do is jar him up on unsuitable ground.
Instead I've entered him at Sandown next Tuesday, they tend to have very safe ground there, and they are watering now to maintain that, and he went well there first time up, so all being well I look forward to seeing some of you there.
Joe Tizzard, Coral Racing Club Trainer